Perth Link Roads
This project will improve safety and efficiency by removing heavy vehicles from the centre of Perth as they travel to and from the northern and north-western ports.
This project will provide a divided dual lane highway (four lanes, approximately 4.5 km in length) around the western side of Perth, continuing on from the Perth-Breadalbane project, connecting in to Illawarra Road, and joining up at the South Esk Bridge.
Works will also include:
- Northbound and southbound lanes being separated by a 2.1 metre-wide median and a central flexible safety barrier.
- Audible edge lines.
- A roundabout near the South Esk River Bridge.
- A high speed system interchange at Illawarra Road.
- Highway access ramps at the northern end of Perth.
- A cycling path from Drummond Street to Illawarra Road.
- An underpass for the existing rail line south of Illawarra Road.
Design plans are currently available to view:
Link Roads overall (PDF 4.3 MB)
Northern interchange (PDF 2.9 MB)
Southern roundabout (PDF 3.6 MB)
Western interchange (PDF 3.6 MB)
North of Perth looking south (PDF 1.5)
South of Perth looking north west (PDF 2.8 MB)
South of Perth looking north east (PDF 1.9 MB)
Western interchange (PDF 1.8 MB)